Thursday, April 8, 2010

I guess I can try

Once upon a time, I was feeling wicked ambitious and decided, " Hey, everyone is writing a blog these days, maybe I should give it a shot." After choosing a ridiculously obvious name, Oh Baby!, and my good ol' stand-by green background, I realized, what the frick am I doing?!?! Not only do a HATE to write, and believe that Cheryl is reading this right now secretly correcting a long list of English faux pas that I have already made, but when it comes down to it, I’m currently leading a pretty basic lifestyle and not sure how that equals great reading material.

So Here I am, a normal Thursday morning, well not really because I’m actually up and dressed and its only 8:15am. The reason being, of course there is a reason are you kidding me, two nights ago when Joe and I were trying to watch the Bruins play, our HD wasn’t working properly…. And to be quite frank we GOT the upgrade so that we CAN watch sports in HD. (yahoo to baseball starting!) Joe, being the enthusiastic/aggravated hockey fan that he was, promptly picked up the phone and scheduled Charter to come this morning and fix the issue.

Things I have learned since Charter has been here:
1. That I should probably just become a Charter technician given all the questions they ask me. Dude, listen, I know I have two tv’s, two lap tops and this is where the modem is. No, I do not know if it is this black wire, that black wire, or the third black wire that runs from the upstairs tv or that we have splitters outside, isn’t it your job to figure out that shit? (Although it disappoints me how incredibly "helpless girly" that sounded, its kinda the truth.)
2. The second technician who extended his ladder to climb the telephone pole is fat and was worried that his weight was to much for the wire his ladder was resting on. Consequently, he had to consult the other technician to see if he thought he should put the ladder on the actual pole itself. REALLY buddy, lets not risk taking out EVERYONES cable and telephone because you wanted to be like the cool guys who put there ladder on the actual cable.
3. We have a bats nest on that telephone pole.
4. Frank called out of work yesterday.
5. Since they are still working, I’m hoping that discovery number 6 will be – Yes, my internet is fast and I actually want to watch HGTV/ Food network on the HD channels because, Damn it just looks so pretty.

Baby News – Extremely active baby this week and dare a say even a bit annoying with the painful pokes to the ribs. For the first time in my pregnancy I'm saying “OW” from the jabs and although in previous weeks was timid when trying to maneuver baby, had no problem pushing the heck out of the kid to get in a better position. The iron pills are greatly helping with being tired and the daily vitamins are keeping me cold free! Joe almost finished painting the closet last night so we should be putting down the floors soon; everything is happening so fast! Weird thing this week – In the same thought I can want the baby out of my tummy SO BAD, while the thought of a natural birth slowly creeps up on me and quickly changes my mind….. you can stay in there as long as you need little one.

Work at 2, hopefully a nap before hand. I start training a new woman who will be my replacement while I am on maternity leave starting tomorrow, so that should be interesting.

I make no promises to actually write in this blog more than once a month, eh hem Cheryl …. But I will try hard this month seeing as how I have some downtime on my hands ☺

Tums popping mama

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not correct one grammar faux pas though I did laugh out loud in my cube at that comment. I hope you find the writing to be something you like...if not, then it isn't really worth it. No matter how many hearts you'll break ;)

    And yes I did delete my own comment because I found a typo in it post-publishing. I just couldn't have that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA, and this is the perfect illustration of why I love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you had a blog all along that you forgot about! haha...glad Cheryl found it for you :)

    ReplyDelete